Now that we've been home and have had a chance to test out all our toys, I want to update on our favorite baby products. It's always so overwhelming as a first time mom (or a mom who has not had a newborn for a while) to sift through all the latest and greatest baby products. I'm still constantly searching!
I have to say, the first few weeks felt like baby Christmas. Lots of items were still packaged up (I'm a chronic returner), so we were turning the house upside on the daily ripping open boxes, reading instructions, placing batteries in ect. Ect. It was kind of hectic, but I am definitely glad I could easily re-package and return all the items that have not worked for us.
Here are Coral and I's favorite registry items!
1. Boppy newborn lounger and regular boppy. Homegirl loves to sleep in her lounger, and does so every night. I use the regular boppy religiously to nurse too! I hated the nursing boppy, and returned it. I found it to be super uncomfortable.
2. The playtex nurser bottle with drop ins!!! It is the seriously the best bottle for nursing mamas who don't want to spend so much time washing 4 part bottles at the sink. I never thought I'd be so in love with a bottle, but tis true my friends. After a quick bout of nipple confusion, this bottle saved the day, and the pre-sterilized drop ins are my best friend!
3. Also the playtex bottle storage thing. I have the grass too, but I like this thing better cause it dries pump parts like a champ.
4. Boppy liners for her changing table. To save you from a an accidental pee or poop. Or to carry on the go in your diaper bag.
5. Aden and Anais everything. Bibs, blankets, burp cloths, towels. The blankets don't over heat coral, and if I'm swinging a loose swaddle for nap time they are just right. My changing pad cover is also Aden and Anais (picture above) ^^
6. Speaking of swaddling, the summer swaddle sack was a night time must for us since Coral had some wild arms. But now Coral busts out of a tight swaddle, so last night we retired the sleep sack. But we did use it religiously the past seven weeks. If she still needs something, we may try the magic sleep suit, but I'm gonna see how she does without much bundling.
7. California Baby bath products. I'm obsessed with the calendula lotion. Coral has sensitive skin, and also had a bad case of newborn acne/cradle cap. I wish I had saved myself a headache and used more gentle products from the get go. I don't think less gentle products caused her skin problems, but they certainly didn't help.
8. Lanisoh breast pads. Other brands are not that good IMO. And this brand can be found at drug stores and the grocery. No trip to baby stores needed.
9. Babyganics sanitizer wipes. I have them everywhere. Lol. Just fighting those germs on the daily.
10. A glider you love! I swivel around to hit the lamp switch, noise machine, reach for items in my nursing cart.. And on and on. I spend so much time here. Here's Emmy in it with Coral!
I didn't register for these items but I love them nonetheless:
Simple ikea shelves next to her changing table!
Pottery barn baskets and storage:
I hope to keep updating on our products! And we are off to a fancy lunch, wish me luck!