Monday, June 10, 2013

A Curb Appeal Weekend

Hello my dearests! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Matthew and I finally got to spend a low-key weekend by the house, and we loved every minute of it. Well there was one snag, but that requires a whole new post. But onto my favorite moment of the weekend, right here my friends. I bring you Rocks!!! Yes rocks. Lemme splain'.

So basically, we have this ugly ditch in our front yard. For inner-city homes in Houston this is really common, you just gotta give them some love and pretty them up.  Since this curb appeal project has been on our to-do list since we moved in, we decided it was time to dig in. Literally.  So nine months later we get to check the box! Heck yes!

The details: We went to Yale Stone down the block, bought "pavers" as Spence would call them, and then one yard of this black/gray stone. 


 They came by to drop it off, which was our favorite part. Happy hubs right there! 

And then we (as in Matt and Spence) leveled the area and shoveled the rocks into place. 


I got to stand-by and play with little Miss Presley (our neighbor) as Spencer helped Matt. 


And here is the final result!

Now if only my vines would hurry up and grow! Anybody else into curb appeal lately? With summer it's always on my mind!

-Tessy

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

YAY! :) I love home improvement projects! Looks great!

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

Looks great!! My Matt & I are finally planting shrubs & flowers tomorrow evening! (After we dug it all up weeks ago!!!) Love homeowner-ship & all of the fun projects!!!

Kait said...

Looks good lady!!

Jan said...

I like that idea!

xo,
Jan Loves

Brittany said...

Looks awesome! You'll have to post a picture when the vines grow more

09 10