Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Unfinished Projects

Happy Tuesday! Hi to all the new faces around these parts!  If you’re like me your significant other had the day off, which left you very confused on Monday morning. I kept thinking, when is he going to wake up? Should I wake him? Then it dawned on me, its President’s day. No complaints here, I got a sweet lunch date out of it. Curbside service to one of our fave downtown diners. Anywho. I did something this weekend that I Loathe. Finish projects. I love to start projects, dream up what I am going for, search blogs and pinterest. THINK about what I am going to do some more (Yes, I am a muller, but details make all the difference IMHO).
Then I run out in a mad dash…..kind of like a manic person.. to buy all my supplies ( I generally forget the most basic items… and have to go back). But this weekend, I got down to it. We finally painted the foyer, After months of thinking about a green or a blue or a gray color, and a swing and miss at home depot, I found the perfect color.
Why is it perfect? Because it looks blue gray during the day, and seafoam-green-gray at night. HA! The best of both worlds for an indecisive person like me. Seriously tho, I might continue on with this color in our master bedroom, the office, and we already decided to finish up to the 2ndfloor beyond the foyer. Pictures to come, there just hasn’t been any sunlight (Boo on you rain).

We tackled those cornice boards, I bought the fabric and batting a month ago.

And finally painted a copper mirror that just was not jiving in our living room.
Heres the general direction of our dining room... still a lot to left but I am finally feeling like its coming together ...



And no pictures because I simply forgot, but we finally touched up and finished the built-in shelves. We painted the back of the shelves a very dark (shocker) navy blue. If I could make my whole house navy blue… I probably would.

Now all these house projects have been spurned by our inaugural book club meeting, kicking off this Thursday. We are reading No Easy Day, the story about capturing Osama Bin Laden, and I’m only on page 70 of the book. EEEEK. It's really good so far, I flew through it last night. Be back soon, anddd (groan) I owe you a Yeast-free diet check in!
-Tessy



12 comments:

Carolyn said...

OMG! It's all coming together! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

Can't wait to see all of the finished projects! I've fallen off of YF! :( Starting back this week though... after my bad lunch today! :/

Love-Lee said...

I love that deer head on the stripe wall! And isn't painting just such a pain? I mean... it stinks, gets on stuff... and don't even get me started on spray paint.
Looking GREAT - can't wait to see more pics.

Emily said...

The projects look great tessy!!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

I LOVE those cornis boards! GO TESSIE!!!

brittany @ g squared said...

Obsessed with those cornice boards! I plan to try some in our new house and can't wait.

Kait said...

This is so cute!!!!!

Courtney B said...

CUTE!! I can't wait to get a home and really go to town with projects and decorating!

Jamie said...

You got so many home projects done! Well done.

SH said...

It looks great! I love projects too!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Claire Kiefer said...

That color really is so beautiful! I'm so impressed with all your home improvement DIY stuff. My apartment is a mess and could totally benefit from some projects . . . but I always find more urgent things to do on the weekends. I bet it's so fun to admire what you've done!

Unknown said...

You guys are too cute :) The house is looking great!

09 10