Monday, April 23, 2012

Wanna lose the last 3-5 pounds?

Well I might have the answer for you! it's called 'fat flush soup' by Anne Louise.

I love it because it is
A) its hearty and doesnt leave me starving ie. Pre packaged food
B) its natural and doesnt give me crazy mood swings - ie. Diet pills
c) is actually pretty decent in taste

UPDATE: Ok so here's the deal: eat regular breakfast - something healthy is probably best - then eat the soup for lunch and dinner for three days straight. Eat a good portion too.

DUDE. This stuff WORKS.

Ingredients:


This weekend people kept telling me I looked thin, and of course I was in a little disbelief and scanned the room to make sure they were talking to me, then I said 'wait, come again? are you sure?'
haha. well yea just check out the recipe!
 I think over all it took me one hour to get all the stuff from the g - store,
and one hour to make it. Email me if you have any questions!


2012 Fat Flush Soup
2 tsp. olive oil
1 ¼ lbs. lean ground beef, turkey or chopped chicken*
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 large red, orange and/or green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 large zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 bottle (46 oz.) reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable cocktail juice
1 can (15 oz.) pinto, garbanzo or black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 Tbs. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves, chopped
1: In saucepot over medium-high heat, cook oil 30 sec. or until heated. Add beef, turkey or chicken. Cook 5 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; drain, if desired.
2: In same saucepot, cook onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic 5 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
3: Stir in next 6 ingredients and cooked meat. Add up to 1 cup water to thin soup, if desired. Cover; bring soup just to a simmer (do not let boil). Reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer 20 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro and parsley. Cover; let simmer 5 min. more. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Soup can be stored up to 5 days in the refrigerator or frozen.
*Or for vegetarian option, omit meat and add another can of beans.
Serving size: 2 to 3 cups (makes 10 to 12 cups)
Love love,




9 comments:

Unknown said...

this actually sounds really tasty!

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good. I think we might try it!

Brittany said...

hmmm I may have to try this. Thanks

Amber said...

First of all...did you really lose 3-5 pounds in 3 days??!! Second of all, it looks yummy! I am going to make this!!! Thanks!

Lynette said...

Yes I was talkin to you skinny minny-I am so excited to try this and yayyy for you posting it! lovers you.

Mel (Northern Lights) said...

Wow - this sounds great. I can't wait to head to the grocery store and make this tonight! Thanks for sharing :)

Yara Simón said...

This sounds interesting.

Asha said...

God knows I could stand to lose (at least) a few pounds! Thanks for posting this...I'm going to make this tonight!

p.s. - I'm your newest follower and hope you'll follow back at ashareyes.blogspot.com

:)

Just a Jersey Girl said...

I could definitely afford to lose a few pounds. Will definitely be trying this soon!

ps- newest follower!

09 10