Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Sneak Peek into our future home :)

The weekend came and went, but today I want to chat about what is currently taking up all my time and energy. Our future house!

I just HAVE to tell you how excited I finally am. If you are new round' here, Matthew and I are in the process of building a town home in the city. I'm just now getting excited because I get mega stressed with big changes. I'm so critical and put a ton of pressure on myself to do everything right. Then I criticize myself for being so critical. have I confused you already?

Well settling into married life and the preparing for our first home has been no different. I don't know why, but stress is just one of my biggest faults. I wish I could control it, but unfortunately I can not. I can only learn how to drink heavily better manage it, which I think I have accomplished somewhat in the past couple of months.

I have been hiding all this crazy talk above from everyone but Matthew. I mean, I can't vent about wedding stress for seven months straight, then immediately go into house stress!! I think my friends, blog and IRL, would disown me. Shoot I would disown me. Matthew told me to take a chill pill and enjoy the ride, and I'm have started to do just that.This requires telling my worrywart brain to turn OFF. 

So off with my head! and onto drooling over my favorite window:


(We just got sheet rock, which makes your house look 3 x bigger inside)
And our imaginary white kitchen:

I'm just so in love! Our bank accounts will be empty but we'll have our first home! Just remember husband, happy wife=happy life!

Technically, it won't be our house until August 31, our estimated closing date. Until then, I am still claiming property virgin! This Saturday we will FINALLY get to make our selections, and I'm freaking so excited!! We literally have 100 more decisions to make, and I can't wait!

I apologize in advance if my blog starts to look like a Home Depot ad. Who knew home depot could be so much fun??? Don't worry - I still love nail polish the most.

Love ya'll,

14 comments:

Carolyn said...

How exciting!! :) I can't wait to see it all finished! You're right... that window is pretty amazing!

Sarah said...

that's so exciting!!! try not to stress too much..in the end it will all be worth it and you will have a pretty new house :)

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Faithful reader-stress or no stress. I mean if you can't rant on your blog, where else can ya?! Can't wait to follow the rest of the process with ya!

Emily said...

SOOO super excited for you! Can I claim a room yet because I predict many sleepovers in the future?

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Im so so happy for you Tess!! You deserve it!! I love you and we will chat soon! Thanks for everything yesterday! I took your advice and though I didnt get the response I wanted, I got the truth and that what matters!

Thank you for being such a great friend to me!

Casey said...

This is very exciting! You are lucky to live in a place where buying a new home can be so simple - we have been in the process of trying to buy since early March and STILL waiting on our home :(

tara said...

SO exciting!! can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Jamie said...

We just bought our first house too! Home Depot and lowes are not the only stores I frequent :)

Natalie said...

this is so exciting for you!!

www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

Mrs. Mama said...

so exciting!! i cant wait to see the rest!

Amber said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see all the choices you make!!

Hilary said...

Ohhh can't wait to hear about/see your selections! So exciting!

Stephanie said...

Ok so I could have SWORN I've been following your blog this entire time but I noticed I wasn't seeing you in my feed so alas, I am officially a follower. ;)

I didn't know y'all were building!! Eee!! So are we! Where are y'all building at?!

Anne said...

Our close date is Aug 31st as well...We'e in this together girlfran!! Let's try to maintain our sanity (and our marriages-ha)

09 10