Monday, July 16, 2012

Ketchup + Weekend Update

So I blogged once last week. Oopsies! It was a nice little break. What was I doing all week? being the booziest little lush Spending a lot of time with friends. Matthew’s best friend turned 28, We had to see a co-worker off who landed a new job, we had a girls night out on the town that I just couldn’t pass up, and one of Matthew’s close friends took us out Saturday night as a late wedding present. Oh and it rained. Like an abnormal amount. These pictures sum up my life lately:




[bar food]

Freaking love this Kiki La' Rue dress. Borrowed it from Kristen and its just so cute.

Bulldogs are really entertaining I've learned.

 
I have no pictures of Brenner's, where we went on Saturday. But it was amazeballs, and if you are in Houston you should definitely check this place out. Needless to say, my body is screaming for a detox.  I think scream is an understatement. And I think Matthew feels the same. He’s all grumpy-like because I’m not cooking and cleaning, but whatevs, I had me some fun! Fear not Matthew (do you read this??), detox is on its way, as well as a scary boot camp that I signed up for off of groupon. 

Before I hit the health train, which mind you I haven’t rode since before the wedding, I am making some huge decisions on the house. I went to a big selection appointment Saturday, and we thought we did amazingly well. So decisive! Ha. That lasted about 12 hours. Because they sent me to tile and décor for JUST kitchen backsplash – and I pretty much changed my mind on everything. Totes my style ya’ll. Check out all this crazy store:


I mean woudlnt you change your mind too?! Bish showed me half my options! GTFO! Of course I picked a bunch of stuff that was not standard. Hey, some of it was cheaper than what they offered, so good day to you Mr. Builder. 

So, that’s that. Glad to be back blogfriends. And thanks for the support with my stressiness last week. I felt a million times better after I hit publish, and it was a great reminder of why I love blogging. For some reason the written word helps me process everything, which sounds super mushy and gushy but hey – it’s the truth.

Now go check out Sami, Dana, Leeann and all the other weekend updaters. They’re some cool bloggers I have enjoyed getting to know lately. 

Happy Monday :) 
Tessy

16 comments:

DSR said...

That dress is freaking amazing. I would like to borrow it please!

And I am certainly in need of a detox too. I feel like I have just been stuffing my face with booze and pre-packaged food lately. I've got to turn that around. If you figure out how to do that, let me know.

Thanks for linking up, lovely lady!

Carolyn said...

I can't wait to see the tile you picked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hear you on the healthy eating. Ugh. I need to get back on that train too!!

Because Shanna Said So said...

Okay, you need to find out where your friend got that dress because I need it NOW!!! And, I can only imagine how indecisive I would be if I had to pick selections for a new house! Glad you scored some cuter and less expensive selections. And I am joining the healthy train today! Going into the gym for the first time in 6 months!! Wish me luck! Coming over from the link up and happy to be following along! Have a great week!
Shanna
Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

Alisa Marie said...

Looks like a great weekend - I love that dress. I'm now a new follower.

http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

Sami said...

I love that dress! You and Kristen are so gorg! I've seen so many housing pictures lately and that overwhelms the crap out of me! So glad I don't have to do that anytime soon ;) Take me with you on your health train?! I bought some adorbs new workout shoes that should motivate me right?!

Sami said...

Ps. Thanks for linking up, duh!

Emily said...

soo excited for all your house stuff!

{madison} said...

I love bulldogs. That dress is beautiful! What a great weekend!

Kimberlee said...

Aw it's okay... sometimes you gotta take a break from blogging. Love your dress! Looks like you had a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

Found you on Weekend Recap. Love that dress! Committing to a design or look for your home is so hard isn't it? So many shiny things to look at and choose from!

shay said...

You and Kristen both look equally gorg in that dress, its so cute!

i nominated you for a blog award, check out my blog!
http://shayssilverlinings.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

New follower to your blog! :) SO glad I found it!

xo

Something Delightful by Rachel Timmerman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Something Delightful by Rachel Timmerman said...

Oh I LOVE that Kiki La' Rue dress! It's so vibrant and pretty! I enjoy your blog so much :)

-Rachel @ A Preppy State of Mind

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Sounds and looks like a great weekend! That dog is too cute! And so is the dress!

And that much tile is overwhelming, how can you not change you mind a million times?!

Thanks for linking up with us!

Hilary said...

BOOZIEST LUSH! Haha

09 10