Monday, August 20, 2012

Trying for a White Houzz

Holy moly I haven't blogged since Tuesday. Where have I been?? I can hardly remember what I have been doing, but I can tell you what has been on my mind.  Interior paint color! I have been wanting a very 'fresh' white house, but seriously lacking the cahones to really go for it.

Then BOOM. I ran into this picture on houzz.com (my latest obession).

via
Amazing right? so of course I rushed over to this amazing blog written by Maria, called Dreamy Whites. It's  all about her obsession with painting everything white. And furnishing everything in white. Ding ding ding. Talk about finding my soulmate y'all!

I scoured Maria's blog, and her take on dreamy whites  all saturday morning. She mixes a variety of light grays and shades of white to give her house the ultimate fresh look. I am not interior decorator, and this is pretty much my first rodeo in the house department, but  this woman is a genius. I totally had a blog moment where I thanked the lord about a dozen times for turning me onto blogging. Then  I thought.. hmm it's basically enabled me to obsess over things that should be simple. But that is not the point.

So off I went to buy paint samples, when mind you my builder already put 4 paint samples up for me to view. I picked up a few of Maria's top whites, and then a few I thought I might like. Here is what they looked like:

From left to right - SW Alabaster, RL Country Dairy, SW Greek Villa and BM White Dove
Time to take the plunge! And honestly I have no idea. Maybe I'll just flip a coin

Calling all paint afficianados out there, any opinion on these colors?

Paint and wood floor stain selections are due tomorrow, wish us luck!.ahh. 3-4 more weeks and this process will be done!!

 

6 comments:

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

Sorry I can't be of any help but, good luck! Very exciting stuff! I'm sure you'll be even more excited once everything is done & you're moving in!

Emily said...

funn! I have been having that same interest. We actually just registered for all white bedding. Stan wasn't super excited at first.

Carolyn said...

So exciting!! :) I'm not a big white walls person, but I think all of those versions will look good!

Sarah Beth said...

from what i can tell in the picture, the SW Greek Villa looks the brightest and most 'fresh'! Good luck and have fun!

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

obsessed! i love the headboard and the chandelier, gorgeous!
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

Nicole Rene said...

Ohh that bedroom is gorgeous!

09 10