Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How Pinteresting: Our Wedding Decor Part 1

Goodness, I have had so little time to blog. Work is crazy and we close on our house oh so soon. I am knee deep in paint swatches, tile inserts, carpet and wood stain colors.. you name it.. I'm frantically researching it. But more about the house later! Trust. I gots lots to show ya!

Onto my favorite parts of wedding planning... wedding decor. Which I realize I'm all out of order.. but honestly I'm just blogging as I feel like it! And all our house adventures have me feeling creative and crafty, so here are my decor recaps. Hope you likesss!

***************************************************************************************************************************************
SO. Pinterest was created a few years ago, and there is NO doubt that it influenced our wedding decor. The problem with pinterest is you can easily become overwhelmed, and instead of getting anything accomplished you just stare at amazing professional pictures for hours. and hours. its pretty much the most amazing blog surfing you can partake in.

Now, this is great for the earlier stages of wedding planning. BUT very bad for productivity towards the end. SO, I made a concerted effort to stay off the damn site once I started picking a direction.

Initially, I fell in love with two types of weddings

The Nautical Wedding
This was my intial dream wedding, my 'blue and white' vision. It heavily influenced invitations, 
save-the-dates,  a blue engagement picture outfit. I loved the nautical lanterns on the table. I picked peach flowers with grayish leaves (called dusty miller)  with my florist early on, because I thought this would be my accent color to the blue and white.

But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed so harsh. Navy almost felt like black. I wanted 'soft' wedding photographs. And a navy bridesmaid dress?? That was just ... non existent it felt.. And then I fell in love with this wedding...

The Softer Romantic / Crafty Wedding

I was actually pretty confused. Which is nothing new, I always research to the ends of the earth, then narrow it down to two completely different concepts, then figure out a way to merge both things .. 
and voila end up with something.. well.. just different. It's hit or miss really.

So I searched and searched for a way to merge these two, and well, I found these two pictures and felt I could could somehow merge it all...
via
I'll be back soon with how it all turned out, but I need to create collages which takes
soooo long so hopefully soon.
And I did not link to any of those pictures on pinterest... because I downloaded them so, so long ago and don't have the time to go find them. So sorry to pinterest!!

Loves ya'll!

Tessy













6 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute pins!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Lynette said...

I love the way your mind works.

Carolyn said...

I love the two concepts and can't wait to see how you merged them!! :)

Kat said...

Love them! Can't wait to see how the wedding turned out! :)

Tif said...

Congratulations! I'm presenting you with the Liebster Award! You can pick it up here:

http://her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

xoxo,
Tif
Ramblings of a Southern Belle
http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

You have taken my feelings & put them into words! I pretty much know the "theme" I want to go with for our wedding but, the colors are definitely something I've played around with! I think I finally have a set color theme & I'm sticking to it - green & white! Love your blog btw & so glad to be following along!

Shayna

09 10