Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Weekend + Discomfort


I don’t know what happened, but it seems that overnight I have become incredibly uncomfortable. My lower back hurts and my pelvis muscles are “stretching.” I am sure you aren’t, but in case you were curious, that feels like a pulled muscle. I am walking so weird, and it has been raining non-stop here in Houston so my allergies are beginning to sketch out on me. My allergies (and the crazy Texas heat) usually arrive much earlier than the end of May, so I am thankful for that. But I am already dreaming of tonight: I'll pop a Benadryl (my doctor approves), and conk out for the night!

Ok, grievances aired, now let’s move onto the weekend. This memorial weekend was jam-packed with all kinds of fun stuff. We went to the club to eat and swim with the kids, and I just love going there any time we can. That’s where Matthew and I had our wedding reception, and I just love the nostalgia that comes with stopping by. We hitched a ride on the boat, went to the beach, rode around the island in golf carts and fished off the dock a ton. It was muy fabuloso.

Now, is this crazy weekend the cause of back and pelvic pain? Possibly. I am making a major point to slow my roll from here on out, and start relaxing much more. Time to dial down the activity, and up the dial on long baths with lavender, prenatal yoga, squats. Over and out my friends.

 photo SIGNATURE_zps6b1dcc4a.png

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain, literally. I had horrible pain from my hips moving when I was preg. I had to stretch constantly (pigeon stretch, butterfly) and only sat on an exercise ball. Keep your hips moving all day, little walks and stretching will make it go away!

09 10