Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tidbits

What I want to remember about week 22 and 23 is the growth spurt little miss c made. My belly is definitely out, and I can now tell the difference between a kick and a roll over in there. She must love spicy food, because I notice that she kicks up a storm after getting some spice!




I also want to remember how overwhelmed the baby registry process seemed, yet how many mommy friends have offered advice and recommendations that made me feel 100 times better. Now that I've done some research,  and consulted some mommy friends, I'm finally excited to go in and share start beeping away with that registry gun!  Ps. I heart mommy friends. If you commented on my stroller Instagram post, thank you thank you. I'm so excited to join the ranks of all these wonderful women, and appreciate it all so much. 

Just a few bump questions: 

My weight gain is now 15 lbs. I gained 9 lbs in my first 20 weeks, then 6 lbs in three weeks?! This scared the bejesus out of me, but I've gotten my "human garbage disposal" behavior in check since. While it's been good to see my first trimester fickle appetite become generally accepting of all foods, (ice cream, sure! Mexican food? Ya, why not!) I think body image has been hard on me this week. And it's not my bump. I love my bump. It's the extra layer of back fat and the sudden gift of hail damage (aka cellulite) that has me worried. 

So, I meal prepped this past Sunday, and worked out three times. I keep falling on and off the work out train and am working on my consistency. 

And overall, I feel ready for her to be here. The house isn't ready, and our to do list is still a mile long. But I don't know, I'm pretty ready to meet her now. 

And last but not least, go Houston rockets! I don't want to forget that we were in the first round of the playoffs, and my sleep schedule got wrecked a time or two to cheer on our team. 

Love, love. 


4 comments:

Curly Girl Confessions said...

You will start to gain more weight at the end for sure! 1lb a week is very common in the last trimester. (I know you aren't quite there, but...)So - don't worry too much about the weight gain. Also - if you like soup eat soup during the day! I swear that's how I gained minimal amount of weight. I would eat Progresso and Healthy Choice soups like it was job more because of cravings vice worried about weight gain. You look great and remember - 9 months on, 9 months off! It takes a lot to grow a human being and it takes a lot to get back to normal once the bebe is here. Believe me - I am going through it now! ;)

brittany @ g squared said...

I will have to find this stroller post!! Bump looks great :)

Carolyn said...

You look so pretty! :) Love the baby bump!

Sarah said...

Hi Tess! New to your blog and had to let you know that I'll be doing a giveaway to an online maternity company sometime here in the next month! Looks like you're just a few weeks behind me so don't miss out!! :)

09 10